Friday, March 27, 2009

Inside the mind of a 6-year old filmmaker

.
.
.
In between the long hours of running this company (into the ground), coaching T Ball, being a reasonably attentive husband and coercing Flash to give me adequate results, I somehow manage to selflessly donate time to helping kids fulfill their dreams - provided they are related to me and do what I say at least 85% of the time. And have small dreams.

So one day, my 6-year old (who, by the way, has never seen Mad Max) shows up with this drawing of a most heinous bullet car, and says he wants to turn it into an animation. After trying unsuccessfully to convince him that I didn't know where to find any animation equipment, I relented and let him have full access to my Cintiq (which I haven't even started paying off yet, for you cynics who doubt the depth of my fatherly love).

This was the result:



While I helped him with the technical aspects of animation, this film is all Charlie. Every little detail, down to the blood-soaked spikes in the road, came from him. This chaotic, violent masterpiece is his Directorial debut... a Dad couldn't be more proud.

And, he's starting to get pretty comfortable with Flash too. Perhaps I have found some cheap labor to exploit?

T

2 comments:

Nazario said...

Awesome! Who said tv destroys children's minds?

It's good to see the heir of the Flinch throne getting started early. I hope to see more. =)

FrankenBarry said...

The Bullet Car rocks... it could totally take Mad Max! I'm sure you're relieved that charlie's not drawing cute bunnies, and puppies, and stuff.
Nice work Charlie!