Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Inspector McCloud Part 5: Color Animatic

.
.
.
3 weeks, no new postings. I'll try to make up for that here.

We have completed the Color Animatic / Rough Cut of Inspector McCloud, and are ready to share a little!

There is very little animation at this point, and the music is all temporary, to give a taste of the direction we're hoping to take it (thank you Ennio Morricone).

Have a peek at this scene, which takes place early in the show:


Obviously, there is a lot more work to do... we have another pass at animation, as well as a mountain of post production - but we're proud of this little bit.

I hope you enjoy!

T

3 comments:

Nazario said...

Yay new post! Looking good! Can't wait to see the animatic.

Just a suggestion. I don't know if it's because I'm sleepy, but the bench seems to be blending with the wall. At first I thought the cigarette was floating. Some contrast adjustment will fix that quickly, or maybe once the whole thing is animated the bench would be more obvious to the eye. Either way, it's a very small thing.

By the way, is it going to be wide screen like that shot?

Flinch said...

Are you seeing the movie or just the pic?

Nazario said...

Oh yeh, you were right, I was only looking at the picture. The video took a long time to download so I didn't know if the link was broken or what. I guess the wireless internet here sucks.

Anyway, I loved the animatic. The bench is actually working fine, especially since there's a close up. Thanks for sharing this stuff with us. It's amazing how much one can learn from something like this.