Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Spongebob Channel

.
.
.

It's official: Nickelodeon has become the Spongebob channel. Have you seen the lineup? It's the Spongebob Christmas special followed by 2 Spongebobs, followed by a Spongebob Marathon.


http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_kids/spongebob-300x400.jpg


And rightfully so, I suppose. Has there been a kids TV show more A-A-A-A-Awesome in the last 10 years than Spongebob?

You can argue otherwise, I won’t engage you sir, but it’s no wonder Spongebob is now to Nickelodeon what Homer Simpson has been to Fox for 18 years and counting: the flagship show. Upon the realization, I was inspired to create this abomination:



Still, it’s a little unnerving. What's really sick is that I'm almost always tempted to watch it. Damn little sponge is just so much fun to watch, and it's not like my kid would ever steer me away to something more... substantial. Thank god for the wife.



You may remember this particular by-product of my obsession.


The question is this: how many more episodes of Spongebob will need to be produced before Nick can realistically fill their programming schedule with nonstop Spongebob? And would we need to give Sandy her own spin-off to help fill the slate? And would that show any good?


You don't have to think about it if you don't want to. I will be focusing on it intently enough for us all.


T



No comments: